Contract drafting service
Although there is a document template in our library for most purposes, we recognise that sometimes you’ll need extra help in specific circumstances. For that we provide a document drafting and checking service. Work is undertaken by qualified Net Lawman attorneys based in New Delhi.
Our service is fast , simple and low cost - per fect if you want us to:
- draw a document to your precise requirements;
- customise one of our existing document templates;
- check you have correctly completed a document bought from us.
How the service works
- Ask us for a cost estimate by completing the form on the next page, describing in as much detail what you need and attaching any relevant documents.
- We reply with estimates of the cost, how many hours of work it will take us, and a completion date.
- Once you confirm that you’re happy for us to start work, we ask you for any more information we need and then draft a first version of the document for discussion. The first draft is usually completed within 2-3 days of remittance of the fee.
- We refine the draft until you are satisfied.
- We send you the final version by e-mail.
How we charge
- We give you a fee estimate for the work.
- The fee estimate is calculated on a fixed hourly rate for our time, and includes the time we spend discussing your requirements with you as well as the time we spend drafting the contract, letter or agreement.
- We estimate that our hourly rate is half of that charged by a typical solicitor. Reviewing and making small amendments to one of our existing contracts might typically cost just Rs 7,500. The cost of writing a new document depends on the size and nature of the document.
- We aim to charge you no more than the estimate and will only revise the estimate upwards if you substantially change your instructions.
- There are no hidden costs such as stationery and office expenses.
- We take payment in advance of the work being started and we credit your customer account.
- You can pay by credit or debit card through our site, by cheque or by bank transfer.
- If we spend less time on you document than we estimate, we'll refund any unspent balance.
- We send an invoice automatically, as soon as you make a payment.