This agreement includes the legal provisions to qualify a compromise agreement so as to prevent a later claim before an employment tribunal. It is drawn primarily with a view to settling a claim by a more expensive employee. The agreement can however, be used with the same effect for a case involving a more junior staff member.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this document
If you want your employee to agree to contract out of the right to make a claim before an employment tribunal, you can do so in very limited ways and subject to strict criteria. Unless you use the right document, your agreement will not qualify.
This agreement includes the legal provisions to “qualify” a compromise agreement so as to prevent a later claim before an employment tribunal. It is drawn primarily with a view to settling a claim by a more expensive employee. The agreement can however, be used with the same effect for a case involving a more junior staff member.
If a senior employee has been employed under a service contract which does little to protect the company, this document will go some way to repairing the damage by imposing “usual” provisions as a fair exchange for the money you will offer.
Many professional advisers overlook the necessity for the employee to have a prospective or actual claim. In most cases it will be necessary to have terminated the employment before this type of agreement can be used to any effect. However, that is not to say “without prejudice” negotiations cannot take place in the knowledge that a termination is proposed.
Application and features
- Drawn to comply with the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923;
- Suitable for any employee whose employment has been terminated, who wishes to negotiate terms for settlement of claims;
- Suitable for an employer in any organisation wishing to agree terms for termination of employment;
- Drawn to settle very large claims with senior staff, but suitable, with deletions, for junior staff;
- Prevents later application to employment tribunal;
- Covers court claims too;
- Extensive notes to guide you;
- Plain English - of course!.
- Continuation of employment for fixed period until the “termination date” - as short or long a period as you wish;
- Extent of continuing entitlement to pay and benefits;
- Return of organisation's property;
- Return of car;
- Guarding secrets and information;
- The compensation package;
- Restrictions on future competition by the ex-employee;
- Press release and publicity;
- Usual legal provisions to protect your interests.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"Easy and fulfilled my needs. The documents are accepted by the other parties solicitors without my waiting for my own solicitors to act. Professional documents, easy to use saved my time and money."Roy Butterworth
"The document was clear to read, easy and quick to use. I will recommend Net Lawman due to ease of usability."Clive Bonny
"I was recommended to you some time ago - many thanks for an excellent document. I have you in my "favourites" Easy to navigate website - clearly displayed and simple to understand. Very easy to use and edit document in clear English. It has enabled me to present a professional and relevant document to my customers with ease. I will recommend Net Lawman due to easy to use website, documents in clear English and easy to edit, very reasonable and prompt."Martha Walker