Website design contract: developer's version
You are a software house. This is a "full version" website design and coding agreement. It is suitable for any software house to use with any client in any country. Flexibility allows for negotiation or present as final version. Protects you, the software house, fully.
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
What this document does
This is a full contract website coding document drawn to be presented to a client by a software house, There may be negotiations over the detail or you may insist on your client taking it as it is. It does not cover ongoing hosting, which can be covered by an equally substantial Website hosting agreement.
It covers graphic design, records, testing and all other areas of your work. No professional can afford to risk the misunderstandings and possible disputes that arise so commonly in this area of work.
This agreement is in plain English so that your client can never say it was not clear.
This document will protect you from many legal pitfalls at the same time as it will provide a thorough framework for the legal relationship and the progress of the work.
It includes an example specification of work, but note that this is not in technical terms. Technical material will be entered into the specification by you, the technical expert.
Extensive drafting notes explain even more.
What is in this website design and coding agreement
Here are some of the most important provisions. Of course there is much more:
- Your customer will approve the website design in stages but pay for additional work on an agreed basis.
- Procedure concerned with writing of a "Detailed Specification" covering all elements of the website design work, to provide a precise instruction to you and a record of the work for your client.
- Regulating customer changes to the specification.
- Providing concisely for responsibility for search engine strategy and other matters where you require certainty.
- Lists excluded matters for client's separate attention - e.g. names, hosting; payment service provision.
- Testing and acceptance.
- Alternative payment arrangements.
- Clear and strong identification and protection of your intellectual property.
- Appropriate legal provisions - exclusions, indemnities, etc.
- Regulating customer changes to the website design specification so that it is clear what work is "extra".
Alternatives to this website coding agreement
If your client requires either a technically simple site or merely re-structuring of an existing site, you may be better suited to our Website write or edit agreement: coder's version.
We have a set of associated documents at Web design agreements.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Indian law.
How other customers rated this document
Average customer rating
"Easy and fulfilled my needs. The documents are accepted by the other parties solicitors without my waiting for my own solicitors to act. Professional documents, easy to use saved my time and money."Roy Butterworth
"The document was clear to read, easy and quick to use. I will recommend Net Lawman due to ease of usability."Clive Bonny
"I was recommended to you some time ago - many thanks for an excellent document. I have you in my "favourites" Easy to navigate website - clearly displayed and simple to understand. Very easy to use and edit document in clear English. It has enabled me to present a professional and relevant document to my customers with ease. I will recommend Net Lawman due to easy to use website, documents in clear English and easy to edit, very reasonable and prompt."Martha Walker