- Length:6 pages (1675 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This domain name rental agreement has been drawn to cover the many possible pitfalls in a transaction of this nature. Rights, registrations, payment procedures, can all cause a disaster for one side or the other. Use this agreement to protect your interests. It is suitable for anyone buying or renting one or more domain names.
Application and features
- Fair to both parties, but could be tailored to specific requirements of one side or frequent user;
- Helps both sides get what they expect;
- Sets out payment terms;
- Provides for use of escrow service if required;
- Defined responsibility for re-registration;
- Comprehensive explanatory notes to guide you.
- Defining the subject matter carefully;
- Warranties by owner on registration, ownership, no third party rights and other essential elements;
- Responsibility for re-registration defined;
- Payment procedure set out;
- Rights and obligations of both sides clearly set out;
- Optional break clause;
- Reversion of rights to owner when time is up;
- Appropriate legal provisions to protect your interests.