- Length:12 pages (3600 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this media rights sale agreement
You may be an individual or represent a company. This agreement does not “prefer one party over the other, so you could be either a buyer or the creator and seller of an audio visual work of some kind. It could be of any size, complexity and for any purpose. For example, sale of rights in television programme or series. It could be a plain script, a book to be converted to script, or a programme consisting in a “reality” procedure rather than a written drama. Only you can describe it accurately. The creator wants to sell all rights to a production company or commercial user.
We have temporarily named your book or programme “Beautiful Zebra”. Unusually, this is a document which may be bought by either seller or buyer of the rights. It covers protection for both in reasonable balance. But of course, you may edit out any provision you think may overly favour your counter party.
It is assumed that part of the purchase price may be in shares in the buyer company. In that case additional documents will be required, namely:
If your transaction is for cash alone, you can very easily edit the document to delete the reference to shares.
It is assumed that your deal will be set up by this agreement as a precise and firm arrangement. However, it could be completed at a specified later date, by when the buyer will have completed arrangements for authorisation of the deal.
- assumes sale may be limited to certain language, but you may prefer to limit by country;
- preserves author’s or originator’s rights to sell same in different markets by limiting the extent of rights sold in this deal;
- preserves moral rights for recognition of authorship.
- Professionally drawn, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this media rights sale agreement
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this media rights sale agreement
Here is a list of the major subjects covered in this agreement:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- Sellers warranties and representations
- Rights to be assigned - limitations
- The assignment deal
- Completion details - need not be same day
- Licence of supporting IP
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 1,000 words of helpful drafting notes.