IP rights sale agreement: in television, film or media production
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this media rights sale agreement
You may be an individual or represent a company. This agreement does not “prefer one party over the other, so you could be either a buyer or the creator and seller of an audio visual work of some kind. It could be of any size, complexity and for any purpose. For example, sale of rights in television programme or series. It could be a plain script, a book to be converted to script, or a programme consisting in a “reality” procedure rather than a written drama. Only you can describe it accurately. The creator wants to sell all rights to a production company or commercial user.
We have temporarily named your book or programme “Beautiful Zebra”. Unusually, this is a document which may be bought by either seller or buyer of the rights. It covers protection for both in reasonable balance. But of course, you may edit out any provision you think may overly favour your counter party.
It is assumed that part of the purchase price may be in shares in the buyer company. In that case additional documents will be required, namely:
If your transaction is for cash alone, you can very easily edit the document to delete the reference to shares.
It is assumed that your deal will be set up by this agreement as a precise and firm arrangement. However, it could be completed at a specified later date, by when the buyer will have completed arrangements for authorisation of the deal.
- assumes sale may be limited to certain language, but you may prefer to limit by country;
- preserves author’s or originator’s rights to sell same in different markets by limiting the extent of rights sold in this deal;
- preserves moral rights for recognition of authorship.
- Professionally drawn, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this media rights sale agreement
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this media rights sale agreement
Here is a list of the major subjects covered in this agreement:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- Sellers warranties and representations
- Rights to be assigned - limitations
- The assignment deal
- Completion details - need not be same day
- Licence of supporting IP
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 1,000 words of helpful drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Indian law.
Ask our solicitors about any legal matter for a fixed low price. Our qualified lawyers will answer your question quickly and confidentially by e-mail.
"Easy and fulfilled my needs. The documents are accepted by the other parties solicitors without my waiting for my own solicitors to act. Professional documents, easy to use saved my time and money."Roy Butterworth
"I was recommended to you some time ago - many thanks for an excellent document. I have you in my "favourites" Easy to navigate website - clearly displayed and simple to understand. Very easy to use and edit document in clear English. It has enabled me to present a professional and relevant document to my customers with ease. I will recommend Net Lawman due to easy to use website, documents in clear English and easy to edit, very reasonable and prompt."Martha Walker
"The document was clear to read, easy and quick to use. I will recommend Net Lawman due to ease of usability."Clive Bonny