IP sub-licence agreement: copyright work
- Solicitor approved
- Plain English makes editing easy
- Guidance notes included
- Money back guarantee
About this copyright sub-licence
You have taken a license of some intellectual property rights with a view to exploiting them. We can assume the licensor was probably the author or creator and that he/she did not want to set up in business to exploit the rights personally.
The rights could relate to anything: architect’s drawings, children’s stories, photo images. The work could be of any size, complexity and for any purpose. For example, it could be a plain script, a book to be converted to script, or any other “created work” or product in which you own copyright. Only you can describe it accurately. For the sake of clarity in the document, we have named your work “Beautiful Zebra”. You now wish to sell some part of your rights to some other business who will exploit your work in whatever limited way you have decided.
This document could also be used for commercial partnerships, for example to permit an affiliate or partner to use material which you do not actually own but use on licence from the original creator.
We do not know what rights in the material you have bought, so cannot guide you on what rights you are able to sub-licence. We have therefore provided the same wide range of options as we do for the creator of a work in the first place.
The payment option provided is a periodic royalty. That can be changed easily to a cash payment or some other basis.
Almost all Net Lawman documents are written to protect primarily the document buyer. However, we do not invite problems for you by ignoring the likely requirements of your counter-party. There are many provisions in this document which satisfy the concerns of a fair minded licensee. The drafting notes you receive with the document elaborate on this point.
You can use this agreement for a one-off deal with few restrictions or for planned expansion into new geographical territories and/or new product markets.
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
We have provided options for several important areas, for example:
- multiple products or versions;
- exclusive or non-exclusive, so that you can define exactly what you want;
- control and ownership of derived versions.
- extent of support and upgrades
- assignable or not? If yes, buyer enters into same agreement direct with you.
- you sell upgrades from time to time - or not.
- whether you have advantage of derived products licensee creates.
Alternatives to this copyright sub-licence
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this copyright sub-licence
Here is a list of the major subjects covered in this agreement:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- Sellers warranties and representations
- Rights to be assigned - limitations
- The assignment deal
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 1,800 words of helpful drafting notes.
This document was written by a solicitor for Net Lawman. It complies with current Indian law.
Ask our solicitors about any legal matter for a fixed low price. Our qualified lawyers will answer your question quickly and confidentially by e-mail.
"Easy and fulfilled my needs. The documents are accepted by the other parties solicitors without my waiting for my own solicitors to act. Professional documents, easy to use saved my time and money."Roy Butterworth
"The document was clear to read, easy and quick to use. I will recommend Net Lawman due to ease of usability."Clive Bonny
"I was recommended to you some time ago - many thanks for an excellent document. I have you in my "favourites" Easy to navigate website - clearly displayed and simple to understand. Very easy to use and edit document in clear English. It has enabled me to present a professional and relevant document to my customers with ease. I will recommend Net Lawman due to easy to use website, documents in clear English and easy to edit, very reasonable and prompt."Martha Walker