- Length:15 pages (4500 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this patent licence
The essence of this patent licence agreement is that it is a licence by an inventor to a person or company who will market your patent for others to exploit in a given territory. The agreement can also be used for any other copyright work where you rely on sub-licences agreed and set up by someone else.
You invent the gizmo. Your licensee sells it on by sub-licence to manufacturers. Your gizmo is likely to be something which cannot be used alone, but must be incorporated into another product. Examples: a switch mechanism; a ski binding; a diamond cutting blade; a tranquiliser dart.
Use for any industry or purpose; home or abroad; for a period of time, or more likely, for ever; cash payment or royalty, or both.
You can use this agreement for a one-off deal or for multiple agreements, each for a different territory.
All Net Lawman documents are written to protect primarily the document buyer. However, we do not invite problems for you by ignoring the likely requirements of your counter-party. There are many provisions in this document which satisfy the concerns of a fair minded Licensee.
- You control the terms of the sub-licenses
- Very full royalty payment control
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Contents of this patent licence agreement
Here is a list of the major subjects covered in this agreement.
- Definitions, interpretation and legal matters
- Selected warranties and understandings by both sides
- The licence deal
- Terms of sub-licences
- Further protection of rights of creator
- Infringement of copyright
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues