Licence to use specialist simple system
- Length:17 pages (4900 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this licence agreement
You have written some piece of software which facilitates a routine operation in many businesses or organisations. You use this licence agreement to sell your software to each customer for his use. If you wish to sell or licence your entire rights for someone else to sell on, please select a different template from the list linked below.
You may be a consultant or expert and the software facilitates performance of tasks in the area of your expertise. Alternatively, you may be an IT professional who has written this software specifically to sell Worldwide.
To make the agreement easy to follow, we have assumed you are an HR expert and have written software to facilitate HR management. In truth, the range of possible applications is without limit. It is assumed that the software could be used in any industry.
You have a menu of possible restrictions and conditions you place on your licence.
You choose the exact deal you want in this agreement. You are always in control. You can choose the period the deal is to run, what systems your “widget” can be used in, what countries or territory, and many more options. Each of these is the subject of a separate sub paragraph, for easy edit by you. You can choose “in” or “out” or edit.
This licence agreement provides for different payment arrangements too. Use fee per user, initial cash payment for a fixed term, then an annual fee for renewal licence.
It provides options for telephone support, periodic upgrades, bug fixing, email 24 hr response weekdays, consultation at an hourly rate and training.
This agreement provides the complete legal framework for what may appear to be a complicated deal. The Net Lawman modular structure in plain English takes you smoothly through the detail of a document of over 4,800 words.
- Professionally drawn, tough law
- Easy to edit (as always with Net Lawman documents)
- Thorough coverage of legal areas
- Practical, alternative business provisions
- No requirement for you to be your own lawyer
Alternatives to this licence agreement
Net Lawman offers around 20 licence agreements and assignments relating to intellectual property in addition to those in website terms and conditions.
You can find the full selection at:
- Basic contracts for creative work
- High level IP licence and sale agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Assignment, sale and transfer
- IP licences by creator or owner
- Software and other development contracts
Contents of this licence agreement
It is impossible to explain a five thousand word document in a few lines, but here is a list of the major subjects covered:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Warranties and understandings
- Licensor’s representations about the subject matter
- The Licence deal
- How licensee can use your software
- Extra limitations and permissions
- Protection of licensed material
- Renewal payments and credit card security
- Website security
- Other matters relating to enforcement and other legal issues
Over 1,900 words of helpful drafting notes.
All rights reserved