- Length:18 pages (5300 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this development and manufacturing agreement
This agreement has been drawn to cover the structure of a complicated deal in simple terms you can edit yourself. The deal is that you have a product idea and maybe some designs. This agreement covers your instruction to a manufacturer to make for you. No further design work required. The products must pass your stringent tests and be made to your specification, which may be as simple or as complicated as you wish.
The manufacturer may be in any country.
- Favours the designer/customer not the manufacturer, so puts you in the driving seat
- Takes you logically through the practical provisions you will need
- Assumes your intellectual property is of great value and must be protected
- Suitable for a contract with foreign supplier
The law in this agreement
There is little statute law to regulate this agreement so it relies on common law: contract, tort, and so on.
Of course, there are regulations affecting your product. We have provided for your manufacturer to comply with specific, exact requirements you have set out in a schedule.
Contents of this development and manufacturing agreement
The most important provisions are likely to be:
- Manufacturer’s warranties - who they are, what qualifications they have
- Scope of work - what exactly is the deal
- Product testing
- Packaging and delivery
- You can show their plant to potential customers or regulatory bodies
- Production price
- Use of sub-contractors
- Manufacturer’s warranties
- Option to prevent change of control of their business
- Confidential Information, including your intellectual property
All rights reserved