- Length:4 pages (700 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This document template helps regulate the arrangement reached between the owner(s) of a patent assigning the same in favour of someone for a consideration in terms of money.
Our document is a simple, brief and comprehensive solution that addresses all the eventualities in this highly sensitive matter of great legal significance.
The document as drawn is generic, without specific reference to any industry segment or field of business; thus useful for general application in the context;
Who will use this document?
- Any person, business or organisation - owner of a patent assigning the patent in favour of another for a consideration;
- Any person, business or organisation – seeking assignment of a patent from the owner.
Application and features
- User friendly language without use of much complex legal vocabulary;
- Simple, polite, brief and courteous;
- Suitable for simple and complicated situations.
- Consideration, amount and payment;
- Very specific identification of the patent;
- Dispute resolution;
- Succession and assignment;
- Representations and warranties;
- Appropriate legal provisions - warranties, exclusions, indemnities, etc.