- Length:5 pages (1290 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
Have you ever been able to hold a real estate agent or a property broker liable for spoiling a property sale/purchase deal? Why? Because there are no written arrangements ordinarily and not many brokers, who may have even indicated to you that they are interested in working under the auspices of a written arrangement duly signed specifying a schedule of what all is necessary and should be;
To ensure that all the terms of an arrangement with a real estate agent are thoroughly recorded on a piece of paper and signed to avoid any ambiguity in the relationship that involves transactions that nobody does on a daily basis except for the real estate agents, we have drawn up a document that protects both the parties – the owner and the broker;
There are not many brokers in the business who work as organized as is desired for the purpose of providing safety and transparency of transaction in the sale and purchase of property. It is appropriate to get the Broker to sign a detailed agreement that govern your relationship with him. The terms and conditions that we have designed may help you to get the deal through in time and catch the Broker in the event that he is deviating from his obligations in the arrangement. The details have been provided in the explanatory notes that accompany the document. The document, as a matter of fact has been designed to protect the interests of both the parties – the owner and the Broker;
With minor alterations, the document can be used for transactions involving appointment of a broker for purchase of a property.
This is a very small price for the peace of mind that comes to you with it.
Who will use this document?
- Any owner of the house/commercial premises - arranging terms with an Broker for selling a property;
- A broker arranging terms with the owner of a property.
Application and features
- Ready for adaptation to particular needs of either or both parties;
- Brief, precise and comprehensive drawn in very simple user friendly language;
- Detailed explanatory notes make it easier to understand;
- Time is the essence of the contract;
- A schedule to give details of the property, site plan and/or drawings, if any.
- Scope of services;
- Broker’s fees and charges;
- Duration and Termination;
- Broker’s other work;
- Dispute Resolution;
- Owner’s obligations;
- Status of parties;
- Appropriate legal provisions, warranties and exclusions.