Memorandum of understanding (MoU)
- Length:3 pages (582 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
Use this template to create a Memorandum of Understanding between any two parties who have reached a final settlement to compound a criminal offence relating to a road accident caused by rash and negligent act of the accused – one of the parties to the MoU;
The format is fit to be filed before the Court as written agreement reached between the parties; this document as drawn is neutral between the parties;
There are no specific legal provisions that govern a legal document of this nature; you still have the liberty to make alterations and additions that exactly suit your situation or the case.
Who will use this document?
Any two individuals finalizing terms for compounding a criminal offence with the permission of the Court of competent jurisdiction.
Application and features
- Very flexible to suit the requirements of either or both parties;
- Provides a complete framework;
- Protects both sides;
- Very flexible to suit the requirements of either or both parties.
- Appropriate legal provisions - warranties, exclusions, indemnities, etc.
- Terms of settlement;
- Consequence of settlement;
- Practical terms that protect parties from future disputes on the claim.
All rights reserved