Software distribution agreement
- Length:17 pages (4693 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This agreement is drawn with specific reference to Distribution of Computer software. The document suitably covers the business needs of an arrangement between a Software developer and seller/distributor. A distribution agreement is also regulated by Company law and our document complies with all of those regulations. The details have been provided in the explanatory notes that accompany the document. Kindly ensure to go through the notes before using the document.
The agreement provides for conditional appointment of sub-distributors within the territory and imposes strict responsibilities on the distributor there for.
The document is suitable for International transactions as well.
Who will use this document?
A Company arranging terms for a distribution arrangement of a computer software with a partnership, proprietorship firm or another Company in India for a defined territory.
Application and features
- Comprehensive provisions to comply with Company law regulations;
- Suitable for sale and distribution of computer software and adaptable for services;
- Ready for adaptation to particular needs of either or both parties;
- Real law in plain and simple user friendly language;
- Detailed explanatory notes make it easier to understand the legalities involved;
- Payment of security deposit by the Distributor;
- Activation code; 7 days’ serial key; 15 days money back guarantee.
- Principal’s conditions of supply;
- Restrictions on distributor selling outside the agreement;
- Restrictions on distributor selling competitive products;
- Duration and termination; matters after termination;
- Terms of sale that include payments;
- Confidentiality; Customer service;
- Non competition; Trade marks;
- Further development; limitation of liability;
- Relationship of parties; Indemnification; Governing law;
- Appropriate legal provisions, warranties and exclusions.
All rights reserved