- Length:29 pages (6500 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this terms and conditions document
This T&C document has been written for the owner of a job site. It covers both usual recruitment services and whatever other services you provide to either side from your website.
Is this template suitable for your website?
This template is for any website that creates a marketplace primarily for recruitment, where both job seekers and recruiters interface your system entirely through your website. The same terms also cover access from a mobile device such as a smartphone.
Your recruiters and seekers may be anywhere in the World.
The benefit of clear terms and conditions
Website terms and conditions are probably the best example of a legal document where use of plain language strengthens the legal effect of the document. If a dispute should arise, it would be hard for a user of your site to claim that he did not understand, even if English is not his first language.
Using this document on your website will help you to:
- set out clearly how your business works and how users should act and behave;
- ensure that users receive the quality of service that you aim to provide;
- present a professional image of your business. Our use of plain language helps ensure that sellers do not feel intimidated by overly formal or legalistic language;
- prevent misunderstandings and make solving disputes easier;
- protect your website from misuse (we include paragraphs that set out exactly how users can interact with your website, and what they cannot do);
- protect your business from complaints about content that your users posted - particularly important if users can post information, questions, data and take part in discussions without you actively monitoring every post or message.
The law in this document
The law in these T&C is largely common law that deals with the basics of contracts: offer, acceptance, price and payment, provision of service, liabilities and risk. By and large, you can set the terms you want, particularly the commercial ones. The document should be edited so that it reflects exactly how your business works. Our guidance notes will tell you what you can change safely, and what we don't advise changing.
Contents of this terms and conditions
This terms and conditions template includes provisions that cover both the relationship between the recruiter and job seeker and the relationship between your business and each of them.
It includes terms relating to:
- Definitions and interpretation
- Basis of contract between your business and each of recruiters and job seekers
- Application of Consumer Protection Act 1986
- Prices for your services
- Renewal payments and credit cards
- Extensive options for re-assurance to customers that you will take care of data
- Very extensive options as to what a user may or may not do on your website.
- Removal of offensive content
- Security of your website
- Storage of data
- Terms specific to recruiters
- Terms specific to job seekers
- Protection of copyright and other intellectual property rights
- Interruption to service
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Miscellaneous legal matters to protect your business
Over 3,000 words of helpful notes to make your task even easier.