- Length:26 pages (2245 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This distribution agreement is for any business selling goods of any type at home or abroad.
The arrangements you make are comparatively free of regulation. You can make the deal you want.This distributor agreement has been drawn to provide an armoury of ideas in plain English. You can be tough or tender.
Whether you are the distributor or the merchant, there will be many areas where you would like the other of you to do things your way. As a result there will be a lot to negotiate. By setting everything down in a document like this before you start to talk, you have a head start. The agenda is yours.
This is a very comprehensive document, but as always with Net Lawman documents, you can reduce it easily to the exact terms you need.
- Setting up the agreement
- Appointment of distributor
- Obligations of each party
- Compliance and regulation
- Products recall
- Minimum sale requirements
- Distributor's marketing obligations
- Distributor's liaison and reports
- The Price, orders and acceptance
- Delivery and transportation
- Payment terms, including payment on running credit account and payment by letter of credit
- Risk and retention of title
- Products defective or not as ordered
- Warranty and service policy
- Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Mutual indemnities
- Assignment and change of control
- Confidential information
- Intellectual property
- Duration and termination
- Other important legal provisions
- Options for six schedules you will probably need