- Length:8 pages (2210 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
This document provides the essential starting point for the relationship of a Specialist Doctor and a Hospital. We have attempted to address two eventualities as follows:
- The doctor is setting up a separate unit in the Hospital premises to provide a certain in house specialist medical service to general public; and/or
- The doctor is finalizing terms with a Hospital as an independent visiting faculty / on call specialist, which is a concept fairly common and mostly prevalent in the present day conditions where doctors attend hospitalized patients;
The document as drawn is neutral between the parties. However, there is scope for change to favour one party at the expense of the other if at all that is required.
Who will use this document?
Specialist Doctors, Visiting medical professionals, Hospitals requiring a t&c format for entering into a business relationship or hiring a specialist consultant to set up a peculiar medical services unit in the Hospital or to attend, treat and perform surgical or other any kind of specialized medical treatment to patients on call as a visiting faculty.
Application and features
- “Over-arching” agreement designed for ongoing use;
- May also be used for single project work;
- Very flexible to suit the requirements of either or both parties;
- Provides a complete framework;
- Protects both sides;
- Unit under supervision and control of Hospital;
- Independence of the Doctor to select supporting staff.
- Appropriate legal provisions - warranties, exclusions, indemnities, etc.
- Doctor’s obligations; Hospital’s obligations;
- Doctor’s status and relationship between the parties;
- Doctor’s fees and expenses;
- Duration and termination;
- Matters after termination;
All rights reserved