- Length:1 pages (3500 words)
- Available in:Microsoft Word DOCXApple PagesRTF
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.
About this document
In some businesses you need agents or distributors working in that capacity to sell your goods or services. In others, the best business might be gained by using someone who is probably not a professional salesman but who “just happens” to be in a position to help.
This agreement is most likely to be useful to a business selling high value goods or taking high value orders.
- Someone working in the property industry who can alert you to buying opportunities.
- A supplier of goods to a retail chain who can tell you there might be demand for your products as well.
- An IT hardware consultant who becomes aware of a large contract for software services which you could provide.
The relationship could be one-off, intermittent, or regular. This agreement has been drawn for a business relationship which is not that of a standard sales agent.
This agreement places no obligation on the finder to sell or produce orders nor grant him any rights to use your intellectual property. On the contrary, it protects you from his competing with you.
You will pay him a commission on sales, for which we have provided a procedure with several options.
Application and features
- Suitable for all types of business
- Ensures the introducer will not directly sell (and undercut) your products or services, or sell related products or services
- Complete with explanatory and guidance notes in plain English
- Setting up and basis of agreement
- Terms of appointment
- How the introducer will work and what he must not do
- Payment procedure
- Returns and refunds
- Rights and duties of the Principal
- What you agree to do (all optional)
- Protection of your confidential Information and intellectual property
- No competition
- Termination and what happens afterwards
- More of your legal framework
- Schedule 1 Terms and triggers for payment
- Schedule 2 Marketing plans