We offer a large range of business sale agreements, some customised for the sale of particular types of business. In selecting an agreement, the size and structure of the business should be more of a consideration than the products or services sold. Whether the business comprises one man working from home or a group of companies employing hundreds of staff worldwide, you should be able to find a sale agreement to suit.
Business sale agreements
Purchase agreement for business of car / motor vehicle / plant / engineering, service, repairs. Includes for property and staff to be transferred.
Use this comprehensive agreement to buy an Internet service provider business of any sort, with freehold or leasehold premises in any location. Large menu of warranties
Use this comprehensive agreement to buy a B2B or B2C Internet service business, with no premises / work from home. Large menu of warranties!
Use this comprehensive agreement to buy a home based personal service business providing non-Internet services: example: sports coach or physiotherapist. Menu of suitable warranties
Use this comprehensive agreement to buy any business providing professional or personal services: business up to any size, with leasehold premises in any location. Large menu of warranties.
The essence of this agreement is that seller gives no warranties so the buyer has little protection. What he sees is what he gets. The reason for the sale is not relevant.
The document is not the sale of a business as a going concern but of assets in a "break-up" situation.
For example, it might be used to sell:
- plant and equipment
- intellectual property such as a customer list or copyright
Examples of use might be:
- for a “hive-down” or any other sale by a liquidator or administrator or trustee in bankruptcy
- a private sale where the seller will not give any warranty
- to record an inter-company transfer within a group of companies - to distribute profit where you want it to arise or where a subsidiary is merging with its holding company.
- where a business owner is closing a business
Use this agreement to buy or sell second hand plant, machinery or equipment.
This is for a one-off sale where seller is off-loading surplus assets and will give only limited warranties. It deals largely with making sure buyer obtains good tile and proper arrangements are made for payment and transfer of the plant to the buyer.
The document includes:
- limited warranties as to merchantability and product quality but full transfer of title
- provision for payment options, including by letter of credit
- provision for delivery, transportation, including abroad
- retention of title for incomplete payment
- a list of accompanying documents, supporting software and other associated parts
If the document isn’t right for your circumstances for any reason, just tell us and we’ll refund you in full immediately.
We avoid legal terminology unless necessary. Plain English makes our documents easy to understand, easy to edit and more likely to be accepted.
You don’t need legal knowledge to use our documents. We explain what to edit and how in the guidance notes included at the end of the document.
We offer free support by email in respect of editing the document. You can also use our Document Review Service if you want to our legal team to check that the document will do as you intend.
Our documents comply with the latest relevant law. Our lawyers regularly review how new law affects each document in our library.